GIS Data Services
Virtually every GIS project requires significant work to manipulate and organize spatial information, and catalogue data and establish metadata.
R7 Solutions offers a variety of data preparation, data analysis, mapping services, and training in support of enterprise GIS projects.
GIS Data Services:
- Collection of data including public data and private, proprietary data
- Transformation and loading of data, including automated geocoding
- Analysis and presentation of data
- Conversion of data between formats
- Merging of multiple data sets
Our data analysts are available to consult with clients regarding the acquisition, integration, and cleansing of datasets for a particular application. Our team is experienced with field data collection projects and other data creation issues.
R7 analysts are also trained to re-format, transform, and load data into enterprise GIS databases. In some cases, scripts and tools for manipulating data will be built to scrub data on a one-time basis or on an on-going basis.
Data Analysis and Map Production
Most GIS projects require one-time or ongoing efforts to interpret and analyze GIS data and related information. Our team includes GIS analysts and data technicians skilled in the science of GIS data creation, preparation, management, and analysis.
These GIS professionals have experience with ArcGIS and are an important part of many GIS projects. Our team can provide the necessary expertise to produce GIS analysis or map production services.
Data Collection Services
Many projects require either original or supplemental field data collection. We can manage data collection projects deploying data technicians to the field with handheld tools driving an integrated and efficient data collection process. This can include the use of both consumer-grade technology and extremely precise industrial-grade GPS mapping systems.
Additionally, we can deploy integrated handheld devices with form-based workflow for superior data quality control. Working with our partners, we can compile a team of GIS and field professionals to deliver complete project services, from the field to the desktop.
Our GIS consulting and hosting practice affords us an opportunity to work with a wide range of geospatial and non-geospatial data formats:
- ArcInfo files (.SHP, .LYR, and .SHX files)
- Geodatabases (.MDB files)
- ESRI coverage files (.E00 files)
- Google Earth files (.KML files)
- GeoRSS feeds
- Triangular Irregular Network files (TIN files)
- ArcInfo Grid files (.ADF files)
- MRSID files (.SID and .SDW files)
- ERMapper files (.ECW files)
- JPEG2000 files (.JP2 files)
Non-Geospatial Data Files:
- Flat data files, including Microsoft Excel files and comma delimited files (XLS, XLSX and .CSV files)
- Database files from Microsoft Access, SQL Server and MSDE or SQL Server Express (.MDB and .MDF files)